4 cups (15 ounces) all purpose flour
3 cups (21 ounces) granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons (0.3 ounce) salt
1 tablespoon (0.6 ounce) baking soda
1 tablespoon (0.6 ounce) ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups (10.5 ounce) oil
4 (8 ounce) large eggs, whole
2 teaspoons (0.4 ounce) vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) walnuts, toasted and chopped
3 cups (12 ounces) carrots, grated
2 8-ounce cans (1.5 cups) pineapples, crushed and juices drained off
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter or oil baking pans, line bottom of pans with parchment paper; butter paper and dust baking pans with flour, tapping out any excess. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Wash and peel carrots, grate carrots or pulse in a food processor until chopped small-medium size resembling a medium sized grate.
- Toss grated carrots in the sifted dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together oil, eggs and vanilla. Add the pineapple and walnuts.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with a spatula. Bake at 325 degrees until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center, about 40-45 minutes.