1/2 cup onion, chopped
1-2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
3 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup cabbage, minced
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Pepper, to taste
8 jumbo macaroni shells, cooked (without salt or fat)
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 can low-sodium chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 can no-salt-added tomato paste
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook onion in oil or butter until tender.
- Add spinach, cabbage, and wine; sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, parsley and pepper to taste; cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 2-1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture into each cooked macaroni shell. Arrange the shells in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine broth and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; spoon sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.