1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
2 tablespoons milk
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
40 mini chocolate covered peanut butter candy cups, unwrapped and frozen
40 sets of candy eyes
1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate for legs
1 cup candy melts in color of your choice for different color legs, if desired
Sprinkles for decoration, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two Farberware PURECOOK Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Place remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl. Shape tablespoons of cookie dough (I recommend using a cookie scoop that yields equal portions) into balls, roll in sugar, and place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes and immediately press frozen chocolate covered peanut butter candy cups in center. Allow cookies to cool and set completely before decorating.
7. To make the spiders, melt chocolate in 30 second increments until fluid. If topping the spiders with sprinkles, lightly dip the cookie so that only the top surface of the candy touches the chocolate and then wipe the excess chocolate on the edge of the bowl. It is very important that the cookies are set when you do this! Immediately dip in sprinkles and set on cookie sheet. Continue with remaining cookies.
8. Pour remaining chocolate in disposable pastry bag and pipe two small dots on the front of the candy to attach the eyes. Press the candy eyes on the chocolate, holding for a few seconds to ensure they adhere. Repeat on remaining cookies. Pipe 4 chocolate legs on each side of the spider and set aside until chocolate sets.
9. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.