1 3/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, nonfat dry milk powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Mix in the egg, then the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the nuts.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, shape the dough into a square log, 1 1/2 inches on one side. Roll the dough log in the wrapper and chill until firm.
- Slice the chilled dough into inch slices and place on a lined or greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
- To decorate: Heat together 24 caramels and 2 tbsp of whipping cream. Stir together thoroughly. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let cookies rest until the caramel is firm.