8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
4 ounces white chocolate
3-4 candy canes crushed
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- Line a 9-by-13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and, using a rolling pin, crush candy canes into 0.25 inch chunks or smaller.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spread to edges of pan and sprinkle with crushed candy cane pieces. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- With a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate sprinkled with candy cane.
- Place back into refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until firm.
- Once set, peel parchment paper off. Break bark into 2-inch to 3-inch pieces.