2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats, (not quick-cook oats)
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease baking sheets if not using parchment.
- On a separate baking sheet, place walnuts and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add agave or maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate, scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Add oats, raisins, dried cranberries, and toasted chopped walnuts and mix on low speed until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) balls of cookie dough. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2-inches between them.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes and outside is a light golden brown color. Cool completely on baking sheet before removing and serving.