Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get a fantastic fall makeover with the addition of warm spices, toasted pecans, and chocolate chips. These flavorful cookies are easy to make, a must for the holidays, and impossible to have just one!Yield:
4 dozen cookies
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1½ teaspoon nutmeg
1½ teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup lightly toasted, chopped pecans
1½ cups chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs, followed by vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined, making sure to scrape the bowl down once to ensure everything is incorporated. Mix in oats, pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips, reserving the remaining 1/2 cup for topping cookies post bake.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment pa-per.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out 1-ounce scoops of dough, and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops look just set. Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press a few chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Make sure to remove cookies from the oven when the tops look just set and they are about 45 seconds under baked, as they will continue to bake as they cool on the cookie sheets.
- Cookies will stay fresh for 3-5 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Leave a comment