20-25 slider buns
1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones (about 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken)
1 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon garlic, (about 3 large cloves, minced)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken and shred.
- In a large skillet melt the butter. Add the garlic, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper. Sauté until the garlic has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar and mustard and mix well.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat with sauce.
- Simmer on low until the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- To assemble sliders, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the BBQ Chipotle Pulled Chicken into each bun. Serve with pickles, chips, jalapeño pepper slices or a salad.