Glazed Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
A light, rich and mildly, not cloyingly, sweet lemon blueberry cake with a simple sugar glaze fits with every meal and just about any occasion.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a 9.5-inch fluted cake mold with melted butter and dust lightly with flour.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low speed. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. With the mixer running, add the egg mixture and beat on low 2 minutes until well combined. Pour batter into prepared cake mold. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over the batter and set in the center of the oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 38-40 minutes. Cool in the mold on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cake from the mold and cool completely on rack about 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and buttermilk in a small bowl. Stir with a spoon until smooth then spoon glaze over cake. Let set 30 minutes before slicing.