Avocado Encrusted Chicken Sandwich with Beer Flatbread
Quick flatbread and tasty chicken make this sandwich a keeper.Yield:
For the chicken:
1 chicken breast, cut in half
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon lime juice
For the beer flatbread:
1 teaspoon yeast
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup beer
- For flat bread: add yeast to 1/2 cup warm water, stir, then set aside.
- In a large plastic bag combine: 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Give it a good shake. Add 1 egg beaten, water yeast mixture and 3/4 cup beer. Shake to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- To cook, cut corner of bag and squeeze out like a pancake onto a hot griddle or frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until it’s starting to be done on the edges then flip. Let it cook for 1 minute more or until done. Remove and set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl combine: the meat of 2 avocados, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Stir until even.
- Flatten a chicken tenderloin or half a chicken breast to about 1/4 inch by putting between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and hammering.
- Remove plastic, add salt and pepper and cover with a thin layer of avocado mixture. Heat a frying pan with a small amount of olive or sesame oil and lay the chicken avocado side down. Cover top side with avocado mixture. Cook until the edges turn white, about 1 1/2 minutes and then in one quick motion, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or until done.
- Spread one side of flat bread with avocado mixture, add chicken, tomatoes and a sprinkle of lime juice, fold over bread and enjoy. Serve hot.