2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1.5 pounds chicken breasts, (4 pieces total)
Salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Farberware® PURECOOK™ Ceramic Nonstick 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet followed by minced garlic. Sauté garlic for 30-45 seconds until fragrant. Lower heat and add balsamic vinegar slowly, being very careful as you add the vinegar. Add light brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Increase heat back to medium heat and as soon as the balsamic comes up to a bubble, add halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes, just until tomatoes start to soften. Add chopped basil and toss everything together.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to the pan. Spoon sauce on top of the chicken so all the flavors can come together. Top each piece of chicken with 2 slices of cheese and then cover skillet for about 3 minutes so cheese can melt.
- Remove from heat, garish with additional basil and serve.