Chocolate Chip Banana Snack Cake
Switch up your typical banana bread to bake this incredible chocolate chip banana snack cake. Whether you’re looking to use up all those ripe bananas on the counter, or looking to put a smile on someone’s face, this cake is always a win!
1 9 x 13" Cake
For the Banana Cake:
1 1/3 cup mashed bananas, (about 3 bananas)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (6-ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup chocolate chips
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (4-ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
Light pinch of salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1/3 cups mini chocolate chips
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray Farberware 9 x 13" Cake Pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray once more with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour (reserving 1 tablespoon to toss with chocolate chips), cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract, scraping down the bowl to make sure all ingredients are incorporated. Add mashed bananas mixing just to combine.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with buttermilk, starting and ending with dries. Toss chocolate chips with remaining tablespoon of flour and fold into cake batter. Spread batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 45 minutes, until cake is golden and pulling away from the sides. Set aside to cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream cheese, butter and salt on medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla bean paste or extract.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, scraping down the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated. Spread over completely cooled cake and decorate with mini chocolate chips.
Leave a comment