Classic Buttermilk Pancakes with Orange Infused Maple Syrup
The one pancake recipe you’ll ever need to make light, fluffy pancakes. Top them with a drizzle of this warm orange-flavored maple syrup for an ideal way to start your day.
Cup maple syrup
Grated zest of 1 large orange
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Softened unsalted butter for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Warm the maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest. Keep warm.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Heat a Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick 12-inch open shallow skillet over medium heat. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and the edges seem set, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer pancakes to a large baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, divide pancakes among 4 plates and top each with butter if desired and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
Leave a comment