6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
Coarse sea salt, for garnish
- Grease a Farberware 9x13-Inch Baking Pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a Farberware 2-Qt Saucepan, cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture over crispy rice cereal and stir until everything is well coated and combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and press down evenly.
- To prepare the topping, melt chocolate and spread evenly on top. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate bars for about an hour so the chocolate can set up. Cut bars and enjoy at room temperature.