3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, melted
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
For the frosting:
3 tablespoons salted butter
1/4 cup whole milk
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9-inch square cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Spread in prepared pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter for 10 seconds. Stir. Spoon peanut butter over brownies. Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake brownies for 15 – 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs (but no raw batter). Set aside.
- Prepare strawberry jelly frosting: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in milk, powdered sugar, and jelly. Continue to whisk over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for one minute, then remove from heat and pour over brownies.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.