For the crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
For the brownies:
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter
4 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon espresso poweder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 bags (10-ounce) large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a Farberware 9x13-inch Cake Pan and line with parchment paper or foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Spray once more with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter together. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chopped chocolate in medium size mixing bowl and set aside. Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick 1-Quart Saucepan. When melted, remove from heat and stir over chopped chocolate. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Whisk in granulated and light brown sugars, followed by eggs and vanilla extract. Add cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder and salt, and stir until smooth. You will most likely have to switch from a whisk to a spatula at this point as the mixture will become quite thick.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and even out with the spatula. Bake brownies for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it, but no traces of raw batter appear. Transfer brownies to a cooling rack.
- For the marshmallow topping, place marshmallows on top of baked brownies and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until desired golden color is reached. Watch brownies carefully as marshmallows go from golden to burnt very fast! Allow brownies to cool for a few minutes and then remove from the pan by lifting up the foil edges. Cut brownies using a very sharp, clean knife. Rinse knife after every cut as marshmallows are very sticky.