For the Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
24 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract, or vanilla bean paste
1 cup mini marshmallows
For the Topping:
8 ounces milk or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (10 ounce) bag large marshmallows
3-4 sheets graham crackers, broken up into different sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and press into greased Farberware springform pan.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes and set aside to cool. Once crust has cooled, wrap pan in aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream cream cheese, granulated sugar and light brown sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Add sour cream followed by vanilla extract, mixing until combined. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Stir in mini marshmallows and pour filling into prepared pan.
- Place the foil wrapped springform pan inside a larger pan, and carefully pour 1/2 inch of hot water into the larger pan to create a water bath. Bake cheesecake for 60-70 minutes until the top is set. Remove from the water bath and set on cooling rack.
For the chocolate ganache:
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside. In a Farberware 3-Quart Dishwasher Safe Saucepan, bring heavy cream and butter up to a scald over medium heat. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour over cheesecake, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish, and smooth ganache out to the edges of the cheesecake. Chill cheesecake overnight.
- Before serving, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and place marshmallows 1/2-inch apart. Toast marshmallows under broiler for about 30-60 seconds (times will vary with different ovens) then flip them and toast for about another 30-60 seconds. Keep a close eye on the marshmallows as they will burn very fast!
- Once marshmallows are cool enough to handle, place them on top of the cheesecake along with broken graham cracker pieces. Microwave remaining chocolate ganache in 30 second increments until melted and drizzle over the top of cheesecake with a spoon. Serve right away.