8 lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
15 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a Farberware® PURECOOK™ 5-Quart Dutch Oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Drain pasta and lay on a parchment covered pan so they don’t stick.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Farberware® PURECOOK™ 11.5-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook for another 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add marinara sauce, reserving 1/2 cup sauce for filling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes so flavors can blend together. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, spinach, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a Farberware® 9x13-inch baking pan. Spread about 1.5 cups of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese filling down each noodle and spread evenly, leaving about a 1/2 inch at each end. Spoon 1 tablespoon reserved marinara sauce down each noodle. Roll lasagna noodles up jelly roll style and place in baking dish seam side down. Top rolls with the remaining sauce and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- If baking right away, cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes until heated through.
- If freezing, wrap well and freeze. Transfer to fridge 24 hours before baking. From the fridge, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until heated through.