1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 lb (4 pieces) thin-sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 (1 oz) slices Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/3 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
For the Glaze:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika. Add to heated skillet and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes each side.
4. Add one slice of mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 8 minutes.
5. While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard and ½ teaspoon pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sauce to thicken, bringing just to a boil, then removing from heat.
6. Add the cut grape tomatoes to the skillet in the oven, cooking for an additional two minutes.
7. Carefully remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the tomatoes on top. Drizzle the thickened balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with chiffonade basil leaves, serve immediately.