2 bone-in chicken breast halves, about 12 ounces each
2 chicken thighs, about 1 pound
2 chicken drumsticks, about 9 ounces
3 cups low fat buttermilk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
olive oil, for spraying
- Combine the chicken breasts, thighs and drumsticks in a bowl and pour in the buttermilk, turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or refrigerate, covered, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, basil, cumin, thyme and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Combine the eggs and honey in a separate bowl and spread the cornflake crumbs on a dinner-size plate.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, then season with the salt and pepper. Working one piece at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour mixture shaking off the excess then dip into the egg mixture, turning to coat. Shake off excess egg then dip the chicken into the cornflake crumbs, turning to coat. Set on a Farberware Purecook 11x17" Baking Sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Spray the chicken with olive oil to coat lightly. Bake in the center of the oven until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chicken pieces registers 165°F and the coating is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cook 5 minutes before serving.