Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Light and fluffy, yet rich with creamy vanilla flavors, this pound cake is a truly divine dessert divertissement for any chef.
2 1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using a pastry brush, evenly coat the inside of a 10-inch fluted mold pan with 1 ½ tablespoons of butter. Dust with flour tapping out any excess.
- Sift together the flour, salt and soda. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, on low speed, mix together the butter and the cream cheese. Gradually add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon rind. Add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape the mixture from the sides of the bowl. Mix in the vanilla and sour cream. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Leave a comment