For the Hash Browns:
3 tablespoons light oil of your choice, plus more during cooking
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced, plus more for serving
1/2 red bell pepper, diced, plus more for serving
1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
1 (20-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns
Salt and pepper , to taste
For the Eggs Benedict:
4 large eggs
Smoked salmon, lox, or bacon , optional
1 cup your favorite salsa
1 cup homemade hollandaise sauce or packaged sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Reserved diced red and green bell pepper
- To make the hash browns: In a Farberware Glide 12.5" Skillet, add the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Once butter has melted and the oil is shimmering but not smoking add the diced onion, and peppers. Let sauté until the onions just start to brown and the peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Next, add the frozen hash browns, stirring with the onions and peppers to mix. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of oil and toss well to coat (this ensures the potatoes brown nicely if they’re not too dry). Add salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Using a nonstick-safe flat spatula or pancake turner, press the potatoes to an even layer in the pan. Let cook on medium-high for 5-7 minutes, lifting the edge occasionally to check for browning. If the potatoes are browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium. Once the potatoes start to brown on the bottom, flip them over and cook until browned to your liking. While the potatoes are cooking during this last step, start to cook your eggs in the following steps.
- To poach the eggs: Add about 1-inch of water to the bottom of the Farberware Glide Egg Poacher pan (It’s okay if the water touches the black cups but you don’t want it to reach the top of the insert). Place the metal insert with the black poaching cups onto the pan. Turn the heat to medium and once the water starts to give off some steam, spray each individual cup with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Crack each egg into the poaching cups and cover with the lid. Cook the eggs until they reach your desired doneness. Soft boiled- about 8 minutes; hard-boiled- about 12 minutes. Off the heat and remove the lid.
- Remove the egg poacher pan from the burner and turn off the heat on the hash browns.
- If serving the Eggs Benedict and hash browns with salmon, arrange four pieces of salmon on top of the hash browns in the skillet.
- Run a butter knife along the edge of the eggs to loosen them. You may simply slide the eggs on top of the salmon or hash browns or flip them over for a nice domed appearance.
- Spoon a good amount of hollandaise or salsa over each egg. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve family style with extra salsa and/or hollandaise and the reserved bell peppers on the side and everyone can dish out their own portion. Serve the bacon on the side, as well.