1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 medium onions, diced, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups milk, 2% or whole
1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef stock
8 ounces elbow macaroni
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
4 stalks scallions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 5 Qt. Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, salt, onion powder and paprika, and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add 1 and 1/2 diced onions (reserving 1/2 for the topping) and garlic, and cook for 4-5 minutes, until onion is softened. Add ketchup, tomato sauce, milk, beef stock and macaroni, and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture has come to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to a simmer for 13-15 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, cover with lid and let stand for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and all the flavors to come together.
- Top with remaining onion, diced pickles, tomatoes and scallions.