One Pot Cheesy Hamburger Pasta
Skip the box and make this easy and cheesy homemade hamburger pasta. This classic comfort dish we all know and love comes together in no time, and is filled with fresh flavors the family will devour!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 medium onions, diced, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups milk, 2% or whole
1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef stock
8 ounces elbow macaroni
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
4 stalks scallions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 5 Qt. Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, salt, onion powder and paprika, and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add 1 and 1/2 diced onions (reserving 1/2 for the topping) and garlic, and cook for 4-5 minutes, until onion is softened. Add ketchup, tomato sauce, milk, beef stock and macaroni, and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture has come to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to a simmer for 13-15 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, cover with lid and let stand for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and all the flavors to come together.
- Top with remaining onion, diced pickles, tomatoes and scallions.