Shrimp Fajitas with Pineapple Salsa
Pineapple salsa can be prepared a day ahead. It will have even more flavor once it has time for all the flavors to come together.
Skillet shrimp fajitas complete with homemade fajita seasoning mix are the answer to busy weeknights. Paired with fresh and vibrant pineapple salsa, this winning dish will quickly become a family favorite!Yield:
For the salsa:
3 cups pineapple, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
1 small red onion, diced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
For the fajitas:
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced thin
2 bell peppers, sliced thin
1 teaspoon butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 (10-ounce) package corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F to warm the tortillas.
- To prepare the pineapple salsa, mix pineapple, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lime juice and cilantro together in a large bowl. Cover and set aside while preparing the fajitas.
- To warm the tortillas, wrap 5 tortillas at a time in aluminum foil. Place wrapped tortillas in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 8" Skillet and warm in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- To prepare the fajitas, mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add shrimp along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 11" Skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions followed by bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they are tender, but still have a bite. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet and sauté about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add shrimp to skillet, cook for 2 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add peppers and onions back to skillet along with lime juice and toss to coat. Serve with warmed tortillas.
- Taste the pineapple salsa and see if it needs the remaining 1/4 of salt. Serve with fajitas and enjoy.
Leave a comment