For the salsa:
3 cups pineapple, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
1 small red onion, diced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
For the fajitas:
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced thin
2 bell peppers, sliced thin
1 teaspoon butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 (10-ounce) package corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F to warm the tortillas.
- To prepare the pineapple salsa, mix pineapple, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, red onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lime juice and cilantro together in a large bowl. Cover and set aside while preparing the fajitas.
- To warm the tortillas, wrap 5 tortillas at a time in aluminum foil. Place wrapped tortillas in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 8" Skillet and warm in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- To prepare the fajitas, mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add shrimp along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 11" Skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions followed by bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they are tender, but still have a bite. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet and sauté about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add shrimp to skillet, cook for 2 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add peppers and onions back to skillet along with lime juice and toss to coat. Serve with warmed tortillas.
- Taste the pineapple salsa and see if it needs the remaining 1/4 of salt. Serve with fajitas and enjoy.