Simple Herbed Breaded Chicken
Fresh herbs and spices perk up this simple classic breaded chicken recipe.
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil, (more as needed)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, basil, thyme and garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, crack the three eggs and then using a whisk, beat well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge each chicken breast first through the flour, then through egg, then through the breadcrumb mixture. Carefully lay the chicken breast in the skillet. Avoid overcrowding the chicken, so it cooks evenly.
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil by placing chicken breasts on paper towels before serving.