Please watch marshmallows when you broil them as they will toast very quickly.
The blondies can be a little tough to cut due to the stickiness of the marshmallows— my tip is to lightly spray your knife with nonstick spray before cutting for cleaner slices.
You can prep the bars a day in advance and then broil them the day you want to serve them. Store baked bars at room temperature with the lid, or in an airtight container.
It’s not summer until you break out the s’mores and these s’mores blondies take the classic to a whole new level! Topped with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers, it’s everything you love about s’mores without the campfire.Yield:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
4 cups mini marshmallows
5 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and grease a Farberware 9x13-inch cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal and grease once again.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, mix melted butter with sugars and vanilla extract on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Add eggs and continue to mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Pour blondie batter into prepared pan and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until top is set and edges start to pull away from the pan.
- Immediately top blondies with chocolate chips as the residual heat will start to melt the chocolate.
- Top with mini marshmallows and graham cracker pieces.
- Set oven to broil low and return pan to oven to broil marshmallows for about 2-3 minutes. Watch very carefully as the marshmallows toast very quickly.