Taco Stuffed Shells
Taco night gets a whole new look with fun and flavorful taco stuffed shells. Easy to prepare and finished with all your favorite taco toppings, it’s the perfect weeknight meal the whole family will love!Yield:
20-22 jumbo shells , (about 1/2 of a large box)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ground turkey ground turkey
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup salsa
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 1/2 Mexican blend shredded cheese
Tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a Farberware 10 x 15" Cookie Sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a Farberware Classic Series 5.5 Qt. Covered Stockpot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain pasta and spread shells on prepared cookie pan so they don’t stick together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Farberware Classic Series 12" Skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook for 5-6 minutes, making sure to break up the meat as it cooks. Add diced pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and onion powder, and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, until pepper and on-ion are softened.
- Stir in chicken broth and salsa. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 8 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed, and all the flavors come together. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted through. Remove from heat and transfer meat mixture to a medium size bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean and add fire roasted diced tomatoes, making sure to cover the entire surface with them. Fill pasta shells with a heaping tablespoon of meat and arrange snugly over diced tomatoes in skillet. Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake skillet for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, chopped tomatoes, scallions, and serve.