20-22 jumbo shells , (about 1/2 of a large box)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ground turkey ground turkey
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup salsa
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 1/2 Mexican blend shredded cheese
Tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a Farberware 10 x 15" Cookie Sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a Farberware Classic Series 5.5 Qt. Covered Stockpot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta shells until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain pasta and spread shells on prepared cookie pan so they don’t stick together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Farberware Classic Series 12" Skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook for 5-6 minutes, making sure to break up the meat as it cooks. Add diced pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and onion powder, and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, until pepper and on-ion are softened.
- Stir in chicken broth and salsa. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 8 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed, and all the flavors come together. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted through. Remove from heat and transfer meat mixture to a medium size bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean and add fire roasted diced tomatoes, making sure to cover the entire surface with them. Fill pasta shells with a heaping tablespoon of meat and arrange snugly over diced tomatoes in skillet. Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake skillet for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, chopped tomatoes, scallions, and serve.