Beef Puttanesca Pizza
This beef puttanesca pizza is the perfect gourmet pizza night option. Fully loaded with tons of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. You’ll love this delicious pasta sauce pizza twist.Yield:
1 pound pizza dough
1/2 pound beef, ground
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed
1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, to taste
1/3-1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
5 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and prepare your Farberware 13" Pizza Crisper. Stretch out your dough to the sides of the pan and set aside.
- In a skillet, add ground beef and onion and place over medium high heat. Crumble the meat as it cooks and continue cooking just until browned. If the beef has a lot of fat in the pan drain it out leaving a tablespoon of fat.
- Add in garlic, chopped tomato, olives, capers, crushed red pepper, kosher salt and black pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the flavors have combined and the mixture is no longer thin or watery. This is your pizza topping so you don’t want it watery. Set aside the beef mixture when fully cooked.
- On your prepared pizza dough spread the bottom with desired amount of pizza sauce, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the pizza. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Top with beef mixture and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the crust is fully browned and cooked through and the top of the pizza is melted and brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and slice.