2 tablespoons olive oil
5 sweet Italian sausage links
1 small yellow squash, finely chopped
1 small zucchini, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (24-ounce) jar prepared meat sauce
1 (1 pound) box rigatoni pasta
8 ounced mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Stockpot, cook pasta per package directions, drain and rinse well to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Skillet, cook sausage per directions on package. Drain on paper towel then slice into medallions.
- Rinse pot pasta was cooked in, dry, and heat olive oil.
- Add vegetables and garlic. Sauté 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and sauce to pot with vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over the top of the pasta.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with Italian bread and a salad.