Macaroni and Cheese Cups
Everyone’s favorite comfort food gets turned into the ultimate party treat with macaroni and cheese cups! Whether you serve them with dinner, or at your holiday bash, they’re sure to be a hit.Yield:
12 macaroni and cheese cups
6 ounces (2 cups) elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
8 ounces (2 cups) cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Bring a Farberware purECOok 5-Quart Dutch Oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box until al dente, and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a Farberware purECOok 2-Quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking continuously until thick and boiling, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the cheese, whisking until melted. Whisk in dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix in macaroni. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Add egg and stir to combine. Spoon macaroni and cheese into prepared Farberware purECOok Ceramic Nonstick Hybrid 12-cup muffin pan, packing tightly so they hold together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Let them cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing them. Serve immediately.