Open-Faced Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwiches
Egg salad gets spicy with the addition of sriracha! Tossed with crumbled bacon and creamy avocado, this kicked-up classic is sure to become your new go-to recipe.Yield:
6 open-faced sandwiches
8 hard boiled eggs, (4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites), peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons sriracha
1/4 cup chopped green onions
4 pieces crisp bacon, divided
1/2 avocado, peeled
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups fresh baby spinach, or greens of choice
6 slices whole grain bread
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, yogurt, sriracha, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chopped eggs and mix.
- Add green onion, 3 slices of crumbled bacon and cubed avocado, and mix gently.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide greens evenly among bread and top with egg salad.
- Garnish with remaining slice of crumbled up bacon.