2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
6 cups (8-9 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1/4 cup asiago cheese
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained well and chopped
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 of 17.03-ounce package puff pastry, thawed according to package
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a Farberware® 11x17-inch cookie sheet with parch-ment paper. In a small bowl, beat egg with water and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a Farberware® purECOok™ Ceramic Nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant. Add chopped spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted, tossing continuously. Remove from heat, transfer to a colander and drain all the liquid from the spinach. Once spinach has cooled, wrap the spinach in paper towels and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, parmesan, cooled spinach and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour on work surface and unfold the pastry sheet on top. Roll out puff pastry just to smooth out the seams. Spread spinach mixture over pastry, leaving 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle asiago cheese on top followed by chopped roasted peppers. Brush a small amount of egg wash lightly around the edges of the pastry.
- Starting at the short side, roll up pastry jelly roll style, pressing gently to seal the seam. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut chilled pastry into 1/2-inch slices (about 20 pieces) and place on prepared cookie sheet. Brush the slices with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.