Chicken, Greens and Cauliflower Rice Bowls
What's a One-Stack Meal? It's recipes that pair together to make a complete meal that can be made using one of the "stacks" from the Farberware Neat Nest collection.
You can make 4 cups of cauliflower crumbles (aka cauliflower rice) in a food processor from a one-pound head, or you can buy them fresh or frozen (with no added ingredients). Either way, this bowl makes a wholesome, hearty and delicious entire meal… not counting dessert, of course. Finish off the main course with yummy Strawberry Cheesecake Quesadillas for a complete one-stack meal using the Neat Nest Skillet set.Yield:
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 medium red onion, halved through the root and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound bag fresh cauliflower crumbles
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 pound ruby chard, stems cut into 1/2-inch pieces and leaves cut in 2-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (if desired)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add the onions and toss to coat; let stand at least 30 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Farberware Neat Nest 10.5-Inch Nonstick Skillet over medium. Add the cauliflower crumbles, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Farberware Neat Nest 12-Inch Nonstick Skillet over medium. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the chopped chard stems and cook until slightly softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the chard leaves in batches, adding the next batch as the previous one wilts. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, a total of about 4 minutes. Season chard with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; transfer to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add the chicken and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, divide the cauliflower rice among 4 bowls. Top each with chard, chicken, pickled onions, avocado, and jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.