Cola Marinated Steak
Originally this recipe called for marinating the steak in beer. I had created it for a TV appearance around Father's day and I was trying to combine two of Dad's favorite things. The night before the segment, the producer called me and said I couldn't use beer. So off to the grocery store to try something else. Walking down the soda aisle I saw cola and thought, hmm. It also works on chicken and pork although it's best on steak.
1 can cola
This has become my most popular recipe due to the contrast of the sweet soda and spicy rub. You can make it on the grill or in a frying panYield:
1 can cola
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder,
1 teaspoon paprika
- Pour the can of cola into large bowl.
- Chop up onion and add to cola.
- Place steak in cola mixture making sure it is completely covered. Let steak marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In another small bowl, add brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Remove steak from marinade and completely coat with brown sugar mixture.
- Fry or grill for 4 to 5 minutes each side or to desired doneness.
- Remove steak from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Leave a comment