1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup whole natural almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Place cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and almonds in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine eggs, vanilla, and the melted butter.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to make it easier to roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For large biscotti, divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 15-inch log. For small biscotti, divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll into 15-inch longs. Place the logs several inches apart on a parchment lined 10x15-inch baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. (Small and large biscotti take the same amount of time.) Let cool.
- Reduce the heat to 300°F. For large biscotti slice the logs on a slight diagonal about 3/4 inch thick. For small slice them straight (no diagonal) ½ inch thick. Return to the baking sheet cut side up. They can be close together, even touching. Use two baking sheets if necessary. Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly colored and no longer soft.