Spinach Parmesan Baked Mashed Potatoes
These creamy mashed potatoes are packed with spinach and flavorful Parmesan cheese. To make it even more delicious they’re topped with crispy fried onions.Yield:
4 pounds red skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup whole milk
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, (or 4 cups chopped fresh spinach)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13” baking pan.
- Add potatoes to a large stockpot or saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and boil potatoes until they are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and add back to pot.
- Pour in milk and butter. Mash until smooth.
- Stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese, kosher salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and the spinach is no longer frozen or in chunks.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and cover with crispy fried onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes until top is golden brown and potatoes are hot.